Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Partners in Crime



As I lay in my bed last night, next to my human furnace, I thought about how happy I am with my life. The past four years of my life have been full of adventure, friends, and family, all of which leave me feeling blessed.   I have the greatest little boy in the history of human kind, am working on adding another munchkin to our litter and am within a few short days of closing on our first house. None of this would be possible without the wonderful man at my side that I get the privilege of calling my husband.

At four o'clock every day, I start watching the minute hand on the clock. Each tick is one minute closer to when I get to see my husband's eyes light up as he walks through the door and sees his son and I waiting for him in the living room. We play with our son, cook dinner together, and go over our days. It's at this time every day that I feel complete; when my boys and I are together, just being a family.

Bed time is something I've started to look forward to every evening. We each take part in Cooper's bed time routine, do our own things for a little bit, then get ready for bed. This is when we get "our time" (get your mind out of the gutter). We snuggle. I scratch his back. He begrudgingly warms my toes. We giggle. Then comes a kiss and "good night". Ten seconds later, after he's fallen asleep I think to myself, "This is it. This is what life is about". 

Don't get me wrong, it's not always easy. There are times he drives me absolutely nuts and I'm sure on more than one occasion he's wanted to lock me in the closet. He's been known to be sarcastic, stubborn, and sometimes abrasive. With that said, he's also the most loving, kind hearted person I know. 

You can't have happiness without struggles. You can't appreciate a smile without first having frowned. As he sleepily grabs my hand -mid snore- I can't help but wonder what life will throw at us. But I say "bring it on". There's no better man to weather life's storms with than the one laying next to me every night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment