Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...

Why is it so easy for men to fall asleep? It is a scientific conundrum to me how a man can fall asleep as soon as his eyes are closed but then we women are up for at least 10 minutes while our brain goes on random journeys into the unknown. 

Last night, after my husband said the usual, "Good night, I love you.", I counted how long it took for him to go to sleep. FIFTEEN SECONDS! I must say, I am truly amazed. I'm quite jealous actually. Here's what it sounds like in my brain while I'm trying to sleep:

"Oof, that was a long day. A nap would have been nice. Why did Cooper only sleep for 45 minutes today? It's going to be an early day tomorrow, cause he went to sleep before 8 pm. I should really go to sleep so I'm prepared... Wait, what was the date today? Oh my god... it's the 6th! I hope I have time to finish Christmas presents. I only have to make two more. Should I do it before or after we move into the house. Ugh, the house. If that falls through, I'm going to go absolutely nuts. Don't think like that, you'll close on the 15th like planned. I wonder how I'm going to decorate it? I have lots of DIY art ideas. I should really do those Christmas presents first though. I'm not going to get anything done unless I get some sleep first..."

I might do the above 2 or 3 times with different subjects before sleep. It's a process that takes at least 5 minutes. I wish I knew the secret to turning it off. It would be nice to go right to sleep like a normal person.

1 comment: