Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy wife; happy life.

When I was little I often thought about my future husband and family. I had this notion that my husband and I would be so in love and happy all the time. Our kids would be angels. Not true. It's not that easy.

I didn't realize how you can get caught in a rut; the everyday routine. Wake up, work (or in my case, take care of the kids), dinner, sleep, repeat. I often forget that I need to tend to the relationship I share with my husband.

I was able to do that today. Thing 1 was picking flowers and thing 2 was playing with toys in his stroller outside and I got to do something with my husband that we've never done before: play basketball together (or PIG, rather). I felt a renewed sense of companionship afterwards. It was the breath of fresh air I needed in our relationship. Something so simple.

Now that the weather is nice I'm hoping we can do more of this rejuvenating. Maybe swing together at a park we take the monsters to. We can play catch with a football outside when the both of the boys are sleeping. Keep it simple.

I look forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. ...and don't stop playing. It's what keeps love alive. :)

    ReplyDelete