Monday, January 2, 2012

Settled


I feel that I can now confidently say that my house is put together enough to be classified as settled. It took a few days but I'm feeling better. Another thing I can confidently say, is that I can call myself a "housewife". I am constantly cleaning/ tidying. I even managed to get some pictures hung (with some help). I am by no means done. But getting closer every day.

My husband has also stepped into his role of home owner with pride. He's already started fixing the fence. He fixed a phone line issue for the internet. He did a minor repair in a small leak in the attic (I heard dripping on my ceiling this afternoon during a downpour) until he can get up there and do it properly.

My son has claimed the house as his. Pretty much instantly. I was impressed, I thought it would take a couple days. Then I remembered that he's a toddler and EVERYTHING is his. He even helped daddy put together the dining table last night. (He stuck a little screw driver in every hole he could find. It was quite humorous.)

Even though we are all busy bodies, we have plenty of time for each other. We eat, play, snuggle, laugh, and more together. I love being home with my boys in our humble little nest. I can't wait for the memories we are going to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment