Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crafting

I like to think I'm crafty. I see a picture of a DIY project and think, "Easy peasy". Shortly after this thought crosses my mind I'm in my car on the way to the craft store. I get really excited for my little project and can picture the look of sheer pleasure on the face of the recipient when I give them their homemade gift. In fact, yesterday I put together my first crafty Christmas present.

Upon completion, and with a heart full of pride, I set the final product up for inspection. Instantly, my face fell. I'm pretty sure I heard my heart shatter when it hit the floor. It was off center. There was no way to fix it. Hot glue and canvas cannot be fixed with ease. Now I cannot, with good conscience, give this to someone. (I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to crafting.) It's back to square one, with less than 6 weeks until Christmas. When am I supposed to find time?

I have two more projects to do this year.  I'm hoping I can pull them off because I like feeling crafty.  Depending on how they turn out, I might just end up being content with my role as consumer and let other people do the creative stuff. If that happens, I will have a bunch of craft supplies to give away. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way. It looks easy and then the end product just doesn't turn out the way you want. Sometimes (depending on how time consuming the project is) it's worth giving it a second shot though. Or, I've found that I manipulate what someone else has done so that it works better for me. Final side note: handmade is always the best gift!

    ReplyDelete